Vencore Software Defined Radio Developer (GNU) in Red Bank, New Jersey
Vencore Labs (formerly Applied Communication Sciences) is a self-sustaining research center within Vencore that provides applied research and engineering to enable government agencies, utilities and commercial enterprises to fully exploit the future of communications, data analytics and cyber security. From smart grid to smart phones, intelligent highways to intelligent battlefields, Vencore Labs’ 200 scientists, engineers and analysts are consistently creating generation-after-next technologies and solutions. In doing so, our labs are helping to transform traditional government research. We connect our customers to advanced research and technology helping them to develop solutions to their toughest challenges. Accelerating the arc of transformation — from research to engineering to products — that’s what we focus on each day at Vencore Labs.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Perform wireless system development on software defined radio (SDR) platforms using the GNU Radio platform. Specific responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
Designing, analyzing, modeling, and simulating signal processing algorithms for wireless system applications, including communications, signals collection, RF geolocation and electronic attack.
Implementing, debugging and testing wireless application prototypes on third-party software-defined radio (SDR) platforms using GNU Radio.
Writing design documents, simulation reports, and system documentation.
Participating in technical business development activities, including meeting with prospective customers, developing technical concept studies,and contributing to new business proposals.
- US Citizenship (NO EXCEPTIONS) (required by federal government contracts)
- Willingness to apply for a security clearance.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Established record of design and implementation of wireless systems and/or subsystems.
- Strong GNU Radio implementation knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated implementation skills on SDR platforms, and experience in prototype development.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other team members and lead small teams.
- Working knowledge of current technology standards for local- and wide-area wireless systems (LTE, WiFi, etc.).
- Knowledge of FPGA design and development, including using GNU Radio RFNoC
Job ID 2018-50119
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance No Clearance Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time