Barclays Credit Client Strategy in New York, New York
Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 135,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com .
Barclays offers investment banking products and services in the US through Barclays Capital Inc.
Barclays Values and Diversity
Our common purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. We’ll measure and reward our people, not just on commercial results, but on how they live our Values of/Respect/,/Integrity/,/Service/,/Excellence/and/Stewardship/and bring them to life every day. To find out more about working at Barclays and the development opportunities we offer please visit our websitewww.barclays.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Risk and Control Objective
/All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards/
Main duties and responsibilities
Client Strategy is a dedicated team within Distribution, the sales organisation within Markets. Each product cluster has its own Client Strategy effort but they each partner closely to deliver a robust and coordinated holistic client strategy across asset classes, ensuring that we make the best use of our resources to deliver value for clients and maximise returns.
You will work in a high intensity, results oriented, team environment as part of Credit Client Strategy and the broader Markets Cross Asset Client Strategy team in US. Interact closely with counterparts in other regions and products where appropriate. This role provides the opportunity to make a strong immediate contribution for applicants who are pro-active, tenacious and eager to learn about multiple products and clients. The team works with the Sales, Trading and Research teams as well as the Business Managers and Infrastructure partners.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 5 years of experience at a global financial services institution
· 5 years of strong MS Excel and PowerPoint
· Some client facing experience helpful
· Additional finance related qualifications helpful, strong numeracy and analytical skills essential
· Language skills beneficial
· Knowledge of industry, products and regulations an advantage
· Effective in forging solid partnerships with colleagues and the ability to interact comfortably with senior colleagues across the organisation, both within and outside Markets
· Strong team player – flexibility and willingness take on responsibilities that best serve the team’s overall output
· Proactive approach to tasks
· Ability to work to tight deadlines, delivering on time and to a high standard
· Well organised with strong attention to detail
· Proven analytical ability
· Initiative and curiosity – the desire to help drive the agenda
· Effective verbal and written communication – ability to communicate in a compelling, concise and precise manner
Title: Credit Client Strategy
Location: NY-New York
Requisition ID: *90189425