Rutgers University Postdoctoral Fellow in New Brunswick, New Jersey
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and six centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, clinical and translational research, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research. Our faculty are teachers, clinicians, and scientists with unparalleled experience who advance medical innovation and provide patient care informed by the latest research findings. We offer an outstanding education in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, nursing, biomedical research, and the full spectrum of allied health careers. Our clinical and academic facilities are located throughout the state including New Brunswick, Piscataway, Newark, Scotch Plains, Somerset, Blackwood, and other locations. Clinical partners include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, University Hospital in Newark, and other affiliates.
Through this community of healers, scientists, and scholars, Rutgers is equipped as never before to transform lives.
Rutgers RBHS is an anchor institution that boasts locations in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise.
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow for the Public Health Research Institute. Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, Dr. Thomas Dick, the Postdoctoral Fellow will contribute to antibacterial drug discovery activities and develop novel assays to explore the activity of antibiotics and new discovery compounds against non-tuberculous mycobacteria (NTM) lung disease and tuberculosis (TB). The candidate will analyze data, present the results, communicate with collaborators and contribute to drafting manuscripts to be published in scientific journals.
- Demonstrates good team spirit, organization, multi-tasking and communication skills.
- Becomes familiar with the scientific contents of the project, and the various consortium members.
- Coordinates with consortium members and lab members to design and plan studies.
- Organizes electronic records, data files and databases related to studies and experiments. Assists in data analysis and presentation of findings at weekly team meetings.
- Evaluates the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Participates in the evaluation of existing procedures, suggests revisions where necessary, and proposes new procedures.
- Develops new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolves problems, and makes decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Minimum Education and Experience
- PhD degree in microbiology, or pharmaceutical sciences.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and data processing software.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in infectious disease research.
- Experience with M. tuberculosis and BSL3 certification.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Qualified candidates must have prior research experience in bacteriology (preferentially mycobacteriology), including molecular genetics, and an attractive publication track record.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Position is contingent upon continued grant funding.
Recruitment/Posting Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Job Category: Staff & Executive - Research (Laboratory/Non-Laboratory)
Department: NJMS-PHRI CENTER-Z30001
Position Status: Full Time
Daily Work Shift: Day
Annual Minimum Salary: 43692.00
Annual Maximum Salary: 54216.00
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: Non-Union
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment: Temporary Staff Appointment - Salaried 12 Month
Position Pension Eligibility: None
Posting Number: 18ST1208
Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Home Location Campus: Newark (RBHS)