Rutgers University Business Specialist in New Brunswick, New Jersey
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and having celebrated a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 67,000 students and 22,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Business Specialist for the Engineering Research Center. Reporting to the associate director, the incumbent in this position provides financial management and coordination of purchasing, personnel, center events and policy interpretation within Engineering Research Center in the Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering.
Among the key duties of the position are the following:
- Performs fiscal functions, such as accounting, grant accounting, and budgeting.
- Analyzes and reviews financial data.
- Prepares financial documents and reports for internal and external purposes.
- Manages appointments, promotions and reappointments of research staff.
- Prepares payroll for research and temporary staff.
- Supervises staff and student employees.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Two years of relevant experience in a financial or accounting function
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in post-award grant accounting
Recruitment/Posting Title: Business Specialist
Job Category: Staff & Executive - Finance/Accounting/Purchasing
Department: Engn Research Center (ERC)
Position Status: Full Time
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Daily Work Shift: Day
Annual Minimum Salary: 52557.000
Annual Mid Range Salary: 65441.500
Annual Maximum Salary: 78326.000
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: URA-AFT Administrative
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment: Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: ABP
Posting Number: 18ST0794
Posting Open Date: 03/14/2018
Regional Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus: Busch (RU-New Brunswick)