Mondelez International Senior Analyst Category Finance North America Biscuit in East Hanover, New Jersey
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
Finance is infused into every single aspect of our multibillion-dollar global organization. But it’s not just about numbers. As part of our finance team, you’ll collect and analyze intelligent information and data and use that to give everyone at Mondelēz International the power to make informed decisions.
NA Biscuit Category Finance provides finance leadership and counsel to the Biscuit business category teams. Key to success in this role is the ability to develop, analyze and support both strategic and tactical business alternatives in an effort to drive net revenue growth and margin expansion.
This role entails financial responsibility across various brands of the NA Biscuit business. The position interfaces daily with all members of the category team and will offer the candidate the ability to learn critical brand building and go to market strategies while interacting with finance and business leadership including a broad range of cross functional colleagues. On a regular basis, the Sr. Analyst interfaces with other members of Finance, Sales, Operations, Procurement and Customer Teams to deliver financial commitments and identify contingency plans. The Sr. Analyst works closely with the Operations and R&D group to support efforts to reduce costs through manufacturing operations and overall business management. The Sr. Analyst also works with the business team to align on strategic pricing and risk management strategies
Primary responsibilities of the position
• Provide financial insight and facilitate key decisions related to revenue, profitability and return on investments. The successful individual must be able to analyze and interpret data to draw out insights and drive better business decisions.
• Develop brand/category financial plans and monitor the delivery of Plan objectives
• Provide ongoing decision support to the Equity and Innovation team through insightful analysis and recommendations to maximize business value.
• Support development of long term strategic growth initiatives for several NA Biscuit Brands including Channels focused on revenue growth and margin expansion.
• Identify and execute financial projects that drive value across the portfolio, including but not limited to margin improvement, pricing, trade optimization, and portfolio optimization.
• Coach the brand teams on how to understand and interpret financial information
• Prepare and explain Brand P&Ls; identify issues and opportunities
• All other ad-hoc / special needs along with analyze data from the Business team, other Finance areas or the rest of stakeholders.
• BS in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration required, MBA preferred
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Finance/Accounting
• Experience in financial analysis and problem solving skills a must.
• Possess critical thinking skills, quantitative and analytical problem solving skills with ability to interpret data
• Ability to show initiative and make impactful decisions with little to no supervision
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
• Excellent inter-personal skills, strong communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to influence cross functional team members.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with SAP and Hyperion an advantage
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.